|For this time of celebration, you will need:
- A special time and location in the house to hold the Family Advent celebration
- A place as far as possible from frequent disturbances.
- The same locale in each of the four weeks.
- A leader, a reader and a candle lighter for each celebration
- The reader is to read scripture.
- The leader reads or tells the significance of each candle. As presented in this book, this will involve part of the Christmas story.
- Use a variety of ways to select these leaders, giving all members of the family an opportunity. Those not reading can enjoy “echoing” the words from an older helper.
- A Bible
- This document, “Peace Family Advent”.
- An Advent Wreath
- Purchased or
- Home constructed
- Greenery to cover the wreath (optional
- Cuttings from the yard or imitation greenery, available at a variety or craft store.
- Thin wire for fastening the greenery to the base.
- Four candles for the wreath
- Traditionally purple, but red may be used.
- One white candle
- Christmas or Christ candle
- For the center of the wreath.
- Matches for lighting the candles.